- Global rating average: 4.5 out of 5
14 elementary rules of etiquette for any man
1. On the street a man must go to the left of the ladies. On the right can go only military personnel who must be ready to give a military salute. (At the moment, it has lost its relevance. The only reason to go on the left is to protect a woman from spraying cars on a cloudy day. Otherwise, you can observe it as a tribute to tradition)
2. It is necessary to support the woman by the elbow, if she stumbled or slipped. But in the usual situation the decision to take a man by the arm or not, takes the lady.
3. In the presence of a woman, a man does not smoke without her permission.
4. At the entrance and exit to the room, the gentleman opens the door for the lady, and he goes behind her.
5. As he ascends or descends the stairs, a man secures his companion by going one or two steps from the back or front, respectively.
6. A man enters the elevator first, and at the exit from him, one should miss the lady ahead.
7The first man to get out of the car, he bypasses the vehicle and opens the door from the passengers, while helping the woman to get out. Provided that the man controls the machine himself, he must open the door and support the woman by the elbow when she sits in the front seat. In the case of a man and a woman, both passengers are taxis, they are supposed to ride in the back seat. The first lady in the cabin is arranged, a man sits down beside him. 8. When entering a room, a man should be helped by a woman to take off her outer clothing, while leaving the room, you should give her clothes.
9. It is also customary in the society not to sit down if the ladies are standing (this also applies to public transport).
10. According to etiquette, a man should not be late for a meeting with a lady. On the contrary, the gentleman should come a few minutes earlier, because his delay can embarrass the lady and put her in an awkward position. In case of emergency it is necessary to warn and apologize for being late.
11. Any woman of any age should be helped to carry large items and massive bags. Their number does not include a handbag, a light fur coat or a mantle, with the exception of cases when it cannot carry them for health reasons.
12. In a society, a frank conversation about a lady with a third party, and especially in a male company, is unacceptable.
13.During a conversation, a man should not fold his arms over his chest or keep them in his pockets. Also, do not twist in the hands of different objects - it is disrespect for the interlocutor.
14. Good to know: A man enters a restaurant is always the first, the main reason is for this reason the head waiter has the right to draw conclusions about who is the initiator of the visit to the institution and who will pay.
In the case of the arrival of a large company, he enters first and pays the one from whom the invitation to the restaurant came. But if a doorman meets the visitors at the entrance, the man is obliged to miss the first woman. Then the gentleman finds empty seats.