Swollen belly: what to do?
Often, during the New Year holidays, people face many problems with the gastrointestinal tract. This is a consequence of overeating, eating unhealthy foods in large quantities, etc. In addition, some suffer from poisoning by stale or low-quality products.
Among all the problems with the gastrointestinal tract one of the main places is occupied by bloating. It appears due to an excess of gases formed inside the body. This disease is manifested in cases when the balance between the bacteria aerobes (absorbing gases) and bacteria producing gas is disturbed.
Why is the stomach swollen, what to do in this case?
There are many reasons for which bloating (flatulence) occurs. Among them can be identified the defeat of the colon flora, a disease of the digestive system and a violation of the digestive processes due to overeating. As a result, undigested products enter the colon and activate the process of rotting / fermentation. As a result, a large amount of gas is released, filling the gastrointestinal tract.
In addition, when using legumes, walnut, honey, oats and other hard-to-digest foods, swelling may also occur. Proteins and carbohydrates from these products do not have time to digest fully, which leads to increased gas formation in the intestine. Also, bloating may occur as a result of allergic reactions to certain substances.
What to do when abdominal distension, you can advise only a professional doctor who will accurately diagnose and find out the cause of this disease.
Symptoms that appear when abdominal distension:
- Belching with an unpleasant odor, lack of appetite, nausea and diarrhea;
- Pain in the abdomen, similar to intestinal colic;
- Strong "churning" in the abdomen, a feeling of discomfort;
- Active discharge of gas formations;
- Feeling of "bloating" due to cramps in the intestine.
What to do to prevent bloating?
If you do not want to bring the problems with the stomach to aggravation, then it will be useful to follow a few recommendations below:
- After you finish eating, you need to walk for at least 30 minutes at a leisurely pace;
- Regularly perform morning exercises, as any physical activity activates the gastrointestinal tract;
- Use drugs that reduce gas formation (only after consulting a doctor!);
- Reduce consumption of foods that cause arousal of the digestive system, such as coffee, chocolate, strong tea, etc .;
- To drink more herbal teas: chamomile, peppermint, thyme, etc., they minimize the likelihood of accumulation and the formation of excessive amounts of gases;
- To eat less fatty, hot or too cold food, and also the drinks containing gas;
- Chew food slowly and thoroughly during meals to achieve greater salivation.
How to get rid of abdominal distention?
This disease is only a consequence of violations of the gastrointestinal tract. To understand the causes of its occurrence, you should consult a doctor for the necessary tests and diagnosis. After that, he will be able to prescribe the correct treatment.
To overcome bloating, the following traditional methods are most commonly used:
- Reception of crushed carrot seeds 1 gram 3 times a day;
- The use of chamomile tincture (three tablespoons of chamomile flowers in 500 ml of water) 200 ml 2 times a day;
- Drink a tincture of tansy flowers (5 grams of flowers per 300 ml of water) and 2 tablespoons 3 times a day.