How to become a candidate?
Anyone who plans to associate his or her life with science or teaching at an institution of higher learning should continue their studies after obtaining a higher education diploma. This allows you to increase your credibility in the chosen professional field, gives you the opportunity to occupy more significant positions in large organizations compared to other candidates, as well as claim a higher salary.
The initial stage of an academic degree is a candidate of science. In order to become, you must perform the following steps:
- To determine the form of obtaining a candidate: full-time or part-time postgraduate study, competition or self-study.
- For admission to graduate school, you must first apply for and pass three exams: specialization, philosophy and a foreign language. Upon graduation (full-time, 3 years, in absentia - 5 years) a graduate student passes the candidate minimum: specialty, foreign language, history and philosophy of science.
- Choose a supervisor and with him the topic of the profile qualification work - thesis. This option of training is preferred, as a rule, by young university graduates.
- In the case of the applicant, a constant visit to the university is not required, it is enough to attach to the profile department, to choose a supervisor and a thesis topic. In this case, the applicant is engaged in preparing for candidate exams and writing qualification work independently.
- Regardless of the form of preparation, prior to the direct defense of the thesis, each applicant for a PhD degree must publish in special scientific journals several articles on a chosen topic or a monograph.
- Prepare a thesis and the abstract on it, and then defend your qualifying work in the Dissertation Council.
If the dissertation is successfully defended, the applicant will receive an official document confirming the degree of the candidate of sciences.