How to choose a receiver?
You can choose a receiver by several parameters, and first of all, the choice of this equipment depends on which operator you will use. In principle, all operators have at their disposal several types of satellite receivers that can broadcast a specific channel package. But at the same time, the consumer often has to choose a receiver between two or three models, as a result of which the question arises regarding the choice of satellite receiver. How to choose a receiver, what details and parameters should be taken into account in doing so?
External receiver selection
The appearance of the receiver, as well as the controls on its front panel, is the first criterion for selecting a receiver. When choosing this equipment, be aware that its front panel contains such buttons:
- power on / off;
- channel changes;
These buttons are necessary in order that, without using the remote control, you can operate a satellite receiver. In addition to the above buttons,On the front panel of the receiver is a receiver for installing an access card, which is your client chip for watching satellite TV. But some satellite TV operators do not tie their receivers to access cards.
The rear panel of the receiver contains connectors, for example, LNB IN and LNB OUT, VIDEO - RCA and AUDIO L / R - RCA, SCART TV and RS232, 0V / 12V and many others. These connectors are needed to connect a cable from a satellite dish converter, to connect a second receiver, to connect equipment to a TV, to a computer with which the receiver's software is updated and for other purposes. The more modern the receiver, the more outputs on its rear panel and the more options it will offer the user.
Selection of the receiver by functionality
If you do not know which receiver to choose in terms of its functionality, use the tips below. In general, before buying a receiver, you need to consult with the specialists of your operator, which they advise you to buy a receiver. At the same time, you must be guided by the standard broadcast receiver. New broadcast standard - DVB-S2 / MPEG-4.Today, it gives a better image from the satellite, and its cost is quite acceptable for the majority of the population. All receivers, in their functionality, can be divided into several types:
- Satellite receivers FTA. They are designed to view open channels. And in some models there are emulators that allow you to enter biss keys. These receivers, if they have a port for connecting to the Internet, can be used to work on the network, but only if the appropriate software is provided.
- Satellite receivers with built-in decoder for conditional access. They are equipped with a card reader (in some cases there may be two). These receiver models are recommended by satellite TV operators to users who want to watch coded TV channels. Some receivers from this group are equipped with an emulator. If there is an outlet for the Internet, they can work autonomously, without having a computer on the Web.
- Satellite receivers with CI interface required to connect CAM module. This equipment is used to view channels of various types (open and coded). It is possible to have an emulator with the same functions and capabilities as in the two previous types of receivers.
- Satellite PVR receivers, which, in most cases, have a hard disk that allows you to record television programs. If the hard disk is not provided in such a receiver, then it will allow to keep TV shows on external media.
- Combined receivers. If you are trying to learn how to choose a satellite receiver according to its functionality, then consider this type of receiver. It combines several functions, in particular, when removing one tuner, the receiver turns into a different look. Some combined receivers have a media player.
When choosing a satellite receiver, pay attention to whether it has additional features or not. This is very important, since in the absence of those, you will have to be content solely with watching satellite television according to the settings of the operator, that's all. Although on the other hand, some equipment offering a number of additional functions significantly loses its quality characteristics in the network. A large range of additional features offers a digital satellite receiver.How to choose a receiver, in terms of additional features, consider a little more. In principle, manufacturers of satellite receivers can offer the following additional features:
- Replaceable tuners, giving the opportunity to get the user combined receiver, if, of course, it is necessary for the user.
- Linux operating system is present in almost all digital tuners. In the case when the standard operating system does not suit the buyer, he can always modify it to fit his requirements.
- Ethernet port that allows you to connect the receiver to the network, to a local network or computer. The absence of such a port means that they are trying to sell you a completely different receiver than a standard digital one running on the Linux operating system.
- The possibility of using cardsharing.
- Built-in spectrum analyzer to facilitate tuning to the satellite.
In fact, the advanced features of modern digital receivers are much more. Moreover, each receiver has its own additional capabilities, and before choosing a receiver from an operator or in a store, it is necessary to familiarize yourself with them in more detail.