How to connect the router DIR 300?
Watch the video
By connecting the DIR 300 router to a broadband modem or to a dedicated line, you can fully use all the possibilities of high-speed network access anywhere in your apartment. But first you need to figure out how to connect the router dir 300.
The following article lists the basic steps for connecting and configuring such a router.
Connect and configure
- First, the router must be connected to the computer;
- Connect power to the router;
- Connect the network cable to the WAN port behind the router;
- Connect one end of the patch cord to the LAN port and the other end to the network card connector of the computer;
- Configure the network card. You should have the following values in the settings: IP -192.168.0.101, subnet mask - 255.255.255.0, main gateway - 192.168.0.1.
The network settings of the router are defined in two ways, examples of which are given below.
Easy installation with the D-Link Quick Router Setup Wizard
This method is the most convenient and understandable to the user on an intuitive level. You will need a Quick Install Wizard on your computer and follow its instructions on how to configure network settings step by step.Even if you have never done a router setup before, this program will explain in detail all the steps, starting with connecting the cable to the network card. If you know any steps, you can easily skip them with one click. However, the Quick Installation Wizard will allow you to configure only the basic network settings. If you want to learn more about advanced settings, you better resort to configuring via the web interface.
Adding the settings of the router personally
Perform the following steps to manually set the network parameters:
- Type in browser 192.168.0.1 and press Enter. Before you open the settings window;
- The login and password fields are blank by default (you can later specify your own values);
- Find the Setup button (Settings), and go to the Internet Setup tab;
- Specify in the period of the connection type dynamic IP (Dynamic IP (DHCP);
- Specify the MAC address - a unique identifier that is assigned to any piece of equipment in data networks. It can be obtained automatically by pressing the Clone MAC Address button;
- Enter the values of the primary (Primary DNS Address) and alternate (Secondary DNS Address) DNS server.To find out, you need to contact the provider;
- By ticking the Enable Access Point Mode checkbox, you can turn your router into a wireless access point, to which only one device can connect;
- Save your changes (Click Save Settings).