How to freeze spinach?
Spinach can be frozen in different ways, but in any case, you must follow two main rules:
- Each leaf of spinach should be washed separately with water to remove sand and dust.
- Cut off hard cuttings - only spinach leaves are frozen.
After preparation, you can start spinach freezing.
Cut the leaves into strips about 1 cm wide. Then carefully place them in a colander, pour boiling water over it, let it drain. After that, put it in the fridge for 1 hour (right in the colander). When all the water is drained, press the spinach by hand and put it into bags (or containers). Put in the freezer.
Wash dried spinach, put it into bags (jars, containers) and place in the freezer.
Finely chop the spinach, put into packages (containers, glass jars) and place in the freezer.
Finely chopped spinach spread out on a cutting board, then put in the freezer. A day later, get and decompose into packages. Put in the freezer.
Spinach decomposed into containers, pour boiled water into it so that it only covers the leaves, and place in the freezer.
Dip spinach in boiling water for 4 minutes, then fold back into a sieve. Let the water drain and rub the leaves through a sieve. Puree decomposed into containers and put into the freezer.
- If spinach is frozen in bags, in one bag it is better to put the leaves in one portion.
- It is advisable to turn on the accelerated freezing mode for several hours before freezing fresh leaves.
- You can store frozen spinach all winter.