How to go on maternity leave?
Are you waiting for the baby? This is great news for you, but at work, unfortunately, not everyone will appreciate your interesting position. The main thing is not to be disheartened and think about the child. Prepare colleagues for your care, and they will look forward to your return. There is no need for special efforts, it is enough to know how to go on maternity leave.
How to report your resignation
- When you receive an official confirmation of pregnancy in the women's consultation center, with pride and joy tell the manager that you are pregnant.
- If you yourself are in charge of a division, gather all employees in an informal setting (for example, over a cup of tea), if this does not contradict the corporate ethics of your company. Tell them the good news. Do it as early as possible, you still need to have time to transfer all your business to a reliable colleague. 4-5 months will be enough for you to settle all the nuances.
- Make a work plan for yourself for the time left before maternity leave, and voice it to the management and staff of the department.
How to go on maternity leave: documents
All documents for maternity leave should be drawn up in a timely and competent manner so as not to cause unpleasant surprises.
- Hospital (maternity leave) make out for 30 weeks of pregnancy. It lasts 140 days, that is, 70 days before and 70 after delivery. In case of multiple pregnancies, a hospital should be issued from the 28th week to 194 days. In case of premature birth, a hospital is issued for 156 days already in the maternity hospital. If there are any complications at birth or at discharge, you will be given another sick leave for 16 days.
- You will receive the sick-list from your obstetrician-gynecologist in the antenatal clinic. If this is not possible, the document is issued by the district physician. It doesn't matter where you are registered: in the state women's clinic or in a private clinic, and that doctor must give you a sick leave.
- You will receive a sick-list earlier if you have any diseases that need to be treated in the day hospital or if you have to be taken to the hospital. If you are sick at home, then instead of maternity allowance, you will be given the usual sick-list, and its payment will be appropriate.
- Complete all forms in block letters.Make sure that the document is confirmed by one rectangular and two triangular seals with the name of the medical institution that issues the sick-list. Carefully check all the information in the document.
- Take the document to the accounting department or personnel department. Write an application for maternity leave.
How to leave on maternity leave earlier
Pregnancy always proceeds differently for each expectant mother. The legislation of the Russian Federation states that a woman has the right to take maternity leave from the 30th week of pregnancy. But the health of some women does not allow them to work until such a time, so you have to look for solutions on how to go on maternity leave a little earlier.
- If you have health problems, make an appointment with the therapist and tell him about your well-being. Then the local doctor will prescribe you a hospital, and you can not go to work. If you are ill with a specific disease, then go to a specialist with a specific focus: a neurologist, a cardiologist, etc.
- If you have a pregnancy with complications, such as a threatened miscarriage, consult a gynecologist who is leading your pregnancy.He will refer you for treatment or observation in a hospital, where you will be given a sick-list when they are discharged.
- Write an application for paid vacation, it is given at the request of the woman every year, regardless of the length of her work. Or, if you have already been doing this, go on vacation at your own expense.
- If you already have children, and they are younger than 14 years old, then the pediatrician will issue you a sick-list, in case of illness of children.
For information on how to calculate maternity, read here: "How to calculate maternity?".
Before you go on maternity leave, make arrangements with your staff about how you will communicate. Ask too tactless to solve their problems on their own. And if they can not do without your advice (if you occupy a very high position), make a consultation schedule that will not harm your interests and the interests of the newborn. Remember, the decree is the time when you have the opportunity to enjoy your baby and forget about everything. Enjoy your birth!