How to make a story plan?
Writing a story plan is a must-have element of school education. Without a good plan, it is difficult to write a good story, so you need to figure out how to make a story plan correctly.
If you decide to start writing your own literary work, then, first of all, you need to streamline your ideas. Remember to record all the information related to your work. It’s difficult to keep a lot of information in your head, and not to get confused in it is even more difficult.
- Decide on the topic of the story.
- Think about what subtopics you want to reveal in your work.
- Make a list of actors: their names, occupation, features of appearance and character, relationships with each other. For each character you need to prepare a brief description. The list of characteristics should remind one that precedes the plays, for example, Igor Ignatievich, landowner, 48 years old. Married to Natalya Igorevne. He likes hunting. After going through the war shocks stutters.
- Starting from the main sub-topics, write a detailed outline of the story. It should include not only the main points, but also sub-items of the second and third levels. To facilitate the work, immediately record the approximate volume of each part. The plan must be harmonious, its parts are interconnected in a logical sequence. Work it out carefully, then further work will go easier, and the result will be better. A good plan should be concise and accurately convey the content of the story.
- At the time of writing the story, try not to “lose” your heroes and bring the storyline of each of them to its logical conclusion. One of the main keys to the success of writing a story is a successful climax and denouement. After all, they remain in the memory of the reader after the completion of reading the work.
- After the work on the plan is completed, you must carefully check your plan (and later the story) for the presence of various kinds of errors.
Finished text plan
Drawing up a plan is a mandatory component of the analysis of an already written story. It helps to remember the content of the work, to structure its events in a logical sequence, to determine the relationship between the individual parts.
- To get started, read the story, identify its main theme, highlight the names of the main characters.
- Divide the text into four parts:
- plot development;
- the denouement
- These points will be the backbone of your plan. If necessary, divide each of these parts into several smaller ones, marking the beginning of each of them in your mind or in the text.
- Re-read the first part. Caption her. The name should be concise and succinct. Try in one sentence to convey the very essence of this fragment of the story.
- Repeat the same procedure with other parts.
Types of plans
Sometimes in a task they need to make a plan of a certain type. In order to cope with this, you need to familiarize yourself with the four main types of plans:
- question. Each item of the plan represents a question, the answer to which conveys the essence of this fragment (Where did Taras go after school?);
- tezisny The content of the paragraph is expressed through the theses of the verbal system - a brief statement of the main provisions of a particular part, containing verbs (Taras went to the stadium);
- call sign Plan of theses, which are expressed by nouns (Taras in the stadium);
- plan-reference scheme. This plan consists of passages of sentences that carry the main meaning (Taras’s plan is a trip to the stadium);
- combined. Such a plan may contain several different types of plans.
In drawing up a story plan, you should follow the classic composition:
- Introduction - in this section it is necessary to acquaint the reader with the place and time of action, as well as a part of the key characters.
- Outline - describe the event that led to the further development of history.
- The development of actions is the largest part of the story.
- The climax is the highest point in the development of events.
- The denouement is a conclusion that tells what turned out for the heroes of their actions.
As you can see, the ability to competently make a plan is an indispensable skill in analyzing and memorizing texts. Writing a good story is not an easy task if its structure is not clearly and logically presented in the form of a list of items and sub-items.