How to make tomato juice?
It is difficult to overestimate the benefits of tomato juice, because a tomato is a storehouse of vitamins and minerals. Often, the quality of store tomato juice leaves much to be desired, so we suggest you make tomato juice yourself.
For 1 liter of juice you will need:
- 1 kg of fleshy tomatoes;
- 100 ml of water;
- salt and sugar to taste.
- Wash tomatoes thoroughly. If they are stained or damaged, remove them.
- Cut the vegetables into pieces and place them in an enamel or ceramic pan. It is not necessary to use aluminum dishes for making juice.
- Add some water to the pot and cook for about 10 minutes. If you have a juicer, you can skip this step.
- Now you need to rub the tomatoes through a sieve or scroll through a meat grinder with a special nozzle.
- Pour the juice into the pan and return it to the stove. Add salt and sugar to taste.
- Bring the tomatoes to a boil and cook on low heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Pour the juice into sterilized jars, wrap the jars and let them cool. Store juice should be in a cool place. A refrigerator or cellar is best suited for this purpose.
Spicy Cheese Tomato Juice
To prepare you will need:
- 1 kg of ripe fleshy tomatoes;
- 110 ml of boiled water;
- 100 g of hard cheese;
- 3 cloves of garlic;
- sugar, salt and red hot pepper to taste.
- Wash the tomatoes well, pour boiling water over them. Using a juicer or meat grinder with a special nozzle, squeeze the juice out of them. If you do not have either one or the other, an ordinary sieve will help you to make tomato juice through which you will need to wipe the tomatoes.
- Pre-tomatoes should be boiled for 10 minutes - so the process will go faster.
- Slightly dilute the resulting juice with boiled water (approximate ratio: 9 parts of juice - 1 part of water).
- Add sugar and pepper to taste. Wait a while with the salt, because after adding salted cheese, the juice may be salty.
- Place the juice in an enamel or ceramic saucepan and place it on the stove. Quickly bring it to a boil over high heat, but do not boil it.
- Chop the garlic and grate the cheese on a fine grater. Add both ingredients to the hot juice and boil for another minute. Now is the time to try the finished product and add the desired amount of salt. Such juice is very tasty with crackers or crispy spicy chopsticks.