How to remove the heater radiator?
Watch the video
The need to replace the radiator heater on the car arises for various reasons. For example, when antifreeze leaks due to insufficiently strong attachment of hoses. Indeed, without dismantling the motor shield, it is impossible to determine why antifreeze flows. Therefore, try to figure out how to remove the heater radiator.
Dismantling the radiator
First you need to purchase:
- high quality radiator heater;
- clamps (minimum - 4 pcs);
- a short Phillips screwdriver with tweezers;
- bucket with a capacity of more than 4 liters.
It is necessary to remove the heater radiator through the hood, adhering to the following algorithm:
- Drain the antifreeze using the expansion tank or engine block (partial drain), remove the jabot and its rubber seal.
- Loosen the screw of the jabot fastener and the four screws of the upper fastener on the right. On the jabot, unhook the two collars, securing the hoses and wires, also disconnect the “+” terminal and the “-” fan wire from the body.
- Unscrew the two screws on the left of the top of the jabot, slightly moving them back.Disconnect the coolant temperature sensor terminal and remove the steam hose from the tank.
- Remove the windscreen wiper and wipers after disconnecting the hose. Remove the fan, including the cabin filter housing located in it.
- After loosening the clamps, disconnect the supply and removal antifreeze hoses, as well as the steam exhaust hose.
- At the very end you can remove the radiator.