What is useful strawberries?
Perhaps the most popular berry is strawberry. Favorite delicacy in the country, a frequent guest in baking, yes, what to say, even the flavors of various cosmetics are strawberry. Let's talk today about the usefulness of strawberries, which is fraught in itself, beloved by many, a berry.
Strawberry: useful properties
- Immunity. Let's start with the most common - immunity. A wide range of vitamins and minerals makes strawberries a treasure for our body. Maintenance of immunity, its strengthening is simply necessary in the winter and the beginning of the spring periods, when the body is weakened due to the lack of sunlight. Therefore you should take care of this in advance. Freeze strawberries for the winter and absorb vitamins for immunity. For more information on how to freeze strawberries, read on our website: "How to freeze strawberries?".
- Eyes. Phenolic compounds, flavonoids, antioxidants, vitamin C, organic acids are a real salvation for our eyes. The decrease in age in the body of all these substances causes various kinds of eye problems (dryness, burning, macular degeneration, etc.).Potassium, which is so rich in strawberries, reduces eye pressure, and this is another condition for eye health.
- Arthritis, gout. These diseases are associated with the accumulation in the body of acids (eg, urinary) and toxic substances. Strawberries contain antioxidants and detoxicants, which are able to counteract free radicals, saving our body from these diseases.
- Brain. It benefits from every strawberry and our brain eaten. Vitamin C, organic acids in the composition of strawberries contribute to the maintenance of the youth of the cells of our brain and the whole organism. This is explained by the same antioxidants that strawberries are rich in.
- Hypertension. The presence of this disease can talk about excess salt in the body (salt retains water, which causes an increase in pressure). Potassium and magnesium in the composition of strawberries make this berry an indispensable secondary "medicine" in the fight against hypertension.
- The heart also benefits from strawberries. Low fat content in combination with folate, antioxidants, fiber, has a beneficial effect on the work of our heart.
- Folate contained in strawberries protects the unborn baby in the womb from various birth defects.