Why are people alone?
Loneliness is one of the serious problems of our time. According to unofficial data, in Russia there are about 40% of lonely people, in the USA the total number of “single people” is also approaching this figure. But what is the reason for loneliness?
Let's try to figure out why people are lonely and how to deal with it.
Reasons for loneliness
Scientists for a long time investigated the causes of loneliness and came to the conclusion that lonely people can be divided into several categories:
- Self-restraint or dislike. Often shy people or those who do not love themselves (due to excess weight, height, eye color, or other reasons) are left alone with their problems. In this case, the person is not sure who exactly he needs or can approach.
- Ideal. Also, those who chose an incomprehensible or incorrect ideal can be lonely. A person can come up with the ideal of his companion, but in real life just do not find a suitable candidate.
- Someone else's role. If a person hides under different masks, playing other people's roles, then in real life he can be alone.
- Unwillingness to take the first step. Today, young people, and not only, prefer to wait until someone for them takes the first step towards their destiny, as many mistakenly believe that their fate will find them anyway.
- Fear of people. You can meet lonely people who are just afraid of being deceived and betrayed, therefore they choose to spend time alone. This also includes people who have been betrayed and are now afraid to let people back to “their heart” again.
Remember, loneliness is a state of mind. If you want to change it, then you need to change something in yourself, and then you will be able to break out of this trap.