Windows 7: how to set a password?
Watch the video
The Windows operating system was originally designed for multi-user mode. Each account is protected using a unique password and username, which can be set during the installation of the operating system or later using the special settings menu.
After that, in order to turn on the computer, you will need to enter a username and password. In addition, other users, logging in under their account, will not be able to see your personal data stored in special folders.
How to put a password on Windows 7 after its installation?
The seventh version of the operating system from Microsoft has received a significantly redesigned interface. Compared with previous generations, it has a more simplified structure and allows you to perform various settings much faster.
Setting a password for an account in Windows 7:
- First you need to click on the "Start" button in the lower left corner of the display;
- In the menu that opens, select the item “Control Panel”, which is located in the right column;
- Now you need to change the window display in the "View" section, in the upper right corner to "Small Icons";
- After that, you need to double-click the left mouse button on the item "Add and remove accounts";
- The display will show a window for editing accounts;
- In this window, all accounts will be displayed, among them you must select the one to which you want to set a password;
- After clicking on an account, a window will open with its properties and settings in which you need to find the “Create a password” item;
- Now enter the new password twice, it is necessary to ensure that there are no errors during data entry;
- Further you should definitely indicate a hint, which will be displayed if you forget the password;
- Now you need to click on the "Create Password" button;
After the computer is restarted, you will need to enter your login and password. It is worth noting that if you have turned off the function of hiding the last authorization, then all the accounts created in Windows will be immediately displayed on the display. You just need to select the desired username and enter the password.
Setting a personal password is one of the easiest ways to restrict access to personal data. Some laptops and desktops can be equipped with special devices - fingerprint sensors. They allow you to authorize using the account owner’s fingerprint.